Sunday 21 April 2013

My experience with an online tech support Firm

Very often, I face error message when trying to connect my system to wireless connection. But somehow I managed to recover the problems. But this time I was really frustrated as my computer stopped performing. I remember it was more than one hour when it suddenly started working. But still I was facing issues with wireless connectivity. I searched over the internet to find any online technical support firm. I got the toll free number of Fixursystem.com. I immediately called them up. A representative received my call. I discussed my PC issue with them and they assured me that they would resolve my query.

The representative asked me some questions regarding the issue. As I was tensed, out of frustration I shouted at them but to my surprise, they were quite and calm. I really felt sorry at that moment. I then answered all the questions. They then told me that in order to avail the service, I had to pay a nominal charge. It was a onetime support. The amount was for a period of one month. What they did was logged into my computer via remote access. I was expected to be kept waiting by the team but I was wrong. They resolved my query so fast that I could not believe it.

It has been three weeks of my technical support from fixursystem.com I haven’t face any problem till now. They have called me twice to ask me if I still face any such problems. To be true, I am really pleased with the service offered by the online tech support firm.

2 comments:

  1. Good tips to solve this problem of Online Technical is not supoort..............greatly appreciated!!!

    Online Tech Support,Please visit the link.

    Thankyou
    Lacy Brown

    ReplyDelete