Thursday 18 April 2013

My first Online Tech Support Experience


Being a college student, I always have to use my laptop to do my daily tasks. Recently, I was trying to establish a wireless network on my laptop. But it was not allowing me to do so. I was unable to identify the cause and its exact solution. Because the problem I was trying to solve had to do with dial-up networking to the Internet and I had no idea about it.
I called a friend of mine as I remembered that he faced the same problem few years back. He gave me a toll free number of some online tech support firm named Fixursystem.com. A representative answered very politely and asked me “How can I help you Madam?” I was quite impressed by their response. I told him my problem that I was having an issue with wireless network connection. After listening to my problem, the representative guaranteed me that they can solve my problem and assured me of efficient services. But to avail the services, I had to pay a nominal amount. I agreed.
The representatives of Fixursytem.com logged into my computer via remote access. I noted down the time as they assured me that they would recover me from my problem at the earliest and also gave me an estimated time. They asked me to do as they said. Well, I just followed them blindly as I had no idea of resolving the issue from my own. I remember, they even resolved some of the issues related to IP address and DNS Server. They also helped me in configuring my router by providing me appropriate internet troubleshooting steps.
I was expecting to be kept waiting for a long time but to my surprise, I was proved wrong. They established my wireless network connection within that estimated time. I was simply impressed. I must say that the online tech support firm did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment